Applications are invited from students who have gained admission to a course at an approved University. The majority of our students are studying at the University of Sydney.
Apply Early for Undergraduate Residency 2014.
To apply for admission to the College you will need to:
- Complete an application form
Application forms can be downloaded here. The online application form is currently being upgraded and will be available soon!
- Pay a $250 application fee
The non-refundable fee is used to cover the administrative cost of your application. Our mailing address is here. This fee is payable by cheque to "St Andrew's College" or by Mastercard or Visa. If you applied online, please remember that you will still need to send us your application fee.
- Send us 2 passport sized photographs
Any standard passport sized photos will do. If you are applying online, please upload a digital passport photo when prompted to do so. If you do not have a digital copy, then please forward a hard copy of the photo with your application fee to our mailing address.
- Write a Personal Statement
You will need to write a Personal Statement of your accomplishments and achievements. Follow the link here to our Personal Statement form and address each of the criteria. Feel free to write anything you think we need to know about you.
- Provide references
We need you to provide two (2) good references. You can download a confidential referee's report form here, or you can send us existing written references.
- Show copies of relevant academic records
Please send us copies of your latest school or university results, either by mail or fax them to us. Our contact details are here.
Whilst a closing date for applications is not listed, you are strongly advised to submit an application before 1st December (and then submit your latest examination marks/score by email as soon as they are received).
Although St Andrew's was founded on the initiative of the Presbyterian Church, students of any denomination or religion who have gained admission to the University of Sydney are eligible to enter the College. Should vacancies exist, students attending other nearby universities may be eligible to enter the College.
The College offers many scholarships to freshers and returning students. There are also several prizes awarded annually to students continuing at College, on the basis of University results.
Completing the Application Form
- Please complete all sections of the form, including criteria for the Personal Statement (this may be typed or neatly handwritten but is included in the online application form).
- Remember to include $250 (non-refundable) application fee and 2 passport photos with the application form. Your application is not complete until all these items have been received.
- You can ask your referees to complete the Confidential Referee Forms enclosed with the application pack and mail directly to St Andrew's College, or you may send letters of reference if you have them already.
What happens next?
- Once your complete application has been received, we will contact you to let you know whether we'd like you to come in for an interview, which will normally be scheduled from the end of June. You will be shown around the College at this time and will be able to ask any questions you may have about life in College, University matters, etc. Allow approximately 1 hour.
- When your ATAR (school) results are available, you should let us have these as soon as possible. Alternatively, if you are already at University, please supply a photocopy of your most recent University examination results transcript.
- You will be advised in early January if we are able to offer you residency in the coming year.
Scholarships and Bursaries
The College offers many scholarships to new and returning students. There are also many prizes awarded annually to students continuing at College, on the basis of University results.
If you wish to apply for an undergraduate scholarship (entering College for your first year) please download an application form here. Closing date 1st December of the year before seeking entry.
If you are an indigenous student and you wish to apply for an Australian Indigenous Scholarship you will find a sample 2014 application form here.
If you wish to apply for an undergraduate scholarship (returning to College) please download an application form here. Closing date 1st March.
If you wish to apply for a choral scholarship (entering College for your first year) please download an application form here.
If you wish to apply for a Instrumental Musician scholarship (entering College for your first year) please download an application form here.
If you wish to apply for a Keyboard Accompanist scholarship (entering College for your first year) please download an application form here.
If you wish to apply for a Piping scholarship (entering College for your first year) please download an application form here.
If you wish to apply for a post graduate residential research scholarship please download an application form here.
For more information about Scholarships click here.