The University of Sydney’s annual Blues Dinner was held in the university’s Great Hall on Saturday 22 November.
A Blue is the highest sporting award that the University can bestow. The College is thrilled that four Androvians received Blues this year.
Hannah Buckling (fr 2010) was awarded Female Blue of the Year, a very prestigious honour. Some of her recent sporting achievements include:
- Bronze medal with the Sydney Uni Women’s water polo team in the Australian National League
- Silver medal with the Australian Women’s water polo team at the World Cup in Russia
- Bronze medal in the World League in China
- Silver medal last year in the World Championships in Barcelona
Nathaniel Romeo (fr 2011)
- 2014 Australian 50m Butterfly Champion
- 2014 Australia A Team Representative
- Silver in the 100m Butterfly at the Los Angeles Invitational, CA.
Maddison Rosser (fr 2013)
- NSWIS 2014 scholarship holder
- Member of the Under 21’s NSW Women’s hockey team: gold medallists at Nationals
- Member of Sydney University 1st grade team: runners up in the 1st division metro competition
- Member of Sydney Uni Australian University Games team: gold medallists
Daniel Whitehead (fr 2013)
- Achievements in rowing
Our College had a great presence at the event, with a College piper and our Choir forming part of the ceremonial proceedings.
Congratulations to our above Andrew’s men and women on their tremendous achievements.
You can read more about the event on the Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness website here.
Below images: Principal Wayne Erickson with the four Androvians (top)
St Andrew’s College Choir performs at the Blues Dinner (bottom)