The St Andrew’s Scholars Program seeks young people with the capacity and commitment to realise their potential to lead their College, University, nation and world.
The scholarships offered as part of the Program provide full fee relief and are awarded for the entire duration of each student’s undergraduate degree.
Successful applicants will be be exceptional young men and women who thrive academically, are engaged in life, and have the potential to make a significant positive contribution to College and, in the future, the wider community.
Note: You must also complete a general application for admission to College to be considered for this program.
Application Form and Dates
Applications Open: 1 June 2019.
Applications Close: 9 August 2019.
Interviews with Shortlisted Applicants: 7 September 2019.
– Applicants must currently be in the final year of high school or on a gap year having completed their final year in 2018, and aged between 17 and 20 years as of 1 March in their first year of university study
– Predicted to receive an ATAR rank of 95 or higher including any access scheme bonus points, in order to determine academic potential and achievements to date
– Be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or the holder of an Australian humanitarian visa
– Be available for an interview with the selection panel
– Intend to accept an offer to full-time study at a University in metropolitan Sydney and a place in St Andrew’s College commencing in February 2020
– Successful applicants will be offered a conditional place, subject to achieving the ATAR set in our offer and satisfaction of degree program entry requirements. A reserve panel of interviewed applicants will be chosen, from which individuals will be selected to receive an offer in the event that the requisite ATAR is not reached by any of the conditionally selected Scholars
– Deferment of an award will not be permitted; students wishing to take a gap year should apply during their gap year
– Scholars are required to meet the College’s expectations of a Distinction average (with no fails) and a substantial contribution to College life to retain the Scholarship
– Any intention by Scholars to vary their degree program or load after commencement must be approved by the Academic Committee
– Scholars must live in St Andrew’s College for the duration of the Scholarship
– The applicant’s school Principal’s recommendation is the primary reference for academic capability