The St Andrew’s Scholars Program seeks young people with the capacity and commitment to realise their potential to become leaders in the University, the nation and the world.
The College provides students of outstanding abilities with a residential environment that enhances their university experience, providing them with opportunities to extend their talents and interests and to develop lives of meaning.
The scholarships provide financial support of full fee relief per annum and are awarded for the duration of each student’s undergraduate degree, whilst they live in St Andrew’s.
The Scholars will be exceptional young men and women who thrive academically, are engaged in life and have the potential to make a significant positive contribution to College and, in the future, the wider community.
Submit Your Application
To apply for the 2018 intake of the St Andrew’s Scholars Program, download the St Andrew’s Scholars Application Form.
After completing the form, follow the instructions to submit it, along with the relevant attachments.
Please note, you must also complete an application for admission to College to be considered for this program, via our Apply Now page.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate a broad range of the St Andrew’s Scholars Attributes.
Applications for the 2018 Scholars Program intake will close 4 August 2017.
If you are not looking to apply to the Scholars Program, please note that general residence applications close 31 December, however the College strongly recommends applying as early as possible.
Panel interviews will be conducted 23-24 September 2017. Please keep both dates free to potentially travel to Sydney (if shortlisted) to conduct the interview in person. (This is not necessary if you are overseas).
St Andrew’s recommends that interested students submit their application as early as possible.
- Applicants must currently be in the final year of high school or on a gap year having completed their final year in 2016, and aged between 17 and 20 years as of 1 March in their first year of university study
- Predicted to receive an ATAR rank of 95 or higher including any access scheme bonus points, in order to determine academic potential and achievements to date
- Be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or the holder of an Australian humanitarian visa
- Be available for an interview with the selection panel between 23-24 September 2017.
- Intend to accept an offer to full-time study at a University in metropolitan Sydney and a place in St Andrew’s College commencing in February 2018
- Successful applicants will be offered a conditional place, subject to achieving the ATAR set in our offer and satisfaction of degree program entry requirements. A reserve panel of interviewed applicants will be chosen, from which individuals will be selected to receive an offer in the event that the requisite ATAR is not reached by any of the conditionally selected Scholars
- Deferment of an award will not be permitted; students wishing to take a gap year should apply during their gap year
- Scholars are required to meet the College’s expectations of a Distinction average (with no fails) and a substantial contribution to College life to retain the Scholarship
- Any intention by Scholars to vary their degree program or load after commencement must be approved by the Academic Committee
- Scholars must live in St Andrew’s College for the duration of the Scholarship
- The applicant’s school Principal’s recommendation is the primary reference for academic capability
Scholarships and Bursaries
St Andrew’s Scholars awards are based solely on merit and your financial circumstances will not be considered as part of this application.
If you are unsuccessful in applying for the St Andrew’s Scholars program, you may still be eligible for other scholarship support. See our Scholarships and Prizes page.
If you think you may need assistance to pay your fees, you can submit a Financial Assistance application also.
We encourage you to submit all applications at the same time, including your application for residence in St Andrew’s.
If you have any questions about the St Andrew’s Scholars Program, please contact us.