St Andrew’s College Students’ Club is the representative body for our undergraduate residents. The House Committee is its governing body.
The history of our Students’ Club dates back as far as 1896. The first Senior Student was elected in 1896 and the Students’ Club was emerging in form by 1901. Sometime after 1902, a Students’ Club constitution was adopted in which the students undertook the duty of controlling the students’ Common Room, recreation, social life and sport.
It is clear that by 1906 the Students’ Club was in full operation; with annual elections for Senior Student, Secretary, Treasurer and year representatives. By 1910, the House Committee included nine members, and sub-committees began to form to organise various Students’ Club activities, in a manner similar to today.
The Students’ Club manages a comprehensive schedule of social events during the academic year, on a College-only basis, or in conjunction with the University of Sydney’s intercollegiate community.