- Education & Student Life Programs
- Junior Common Room Activities
- Senior Common Room Activities
- Intercollegiate Activities
- Prizes for Current Students
- Programs for High School Students
Tel: +61 (2) 9565 7300
- Email us
Applications Now Open For 2021
This program creates an opportunity for one creative artist each year to experience time and space away from their usual environment and obligations. The Residency provides a time of reflection, research, presentation and production, allowing an individual to explore their practice within our community, to meet new people, use new materials, and experience life in the College setting. We emphasise the importance of meaningful and multi-layered cultural exchange and immersion into our culture.
Conditions and Selection
The residency is for the period of March to November each year. The Artist is expected to be strongly involved in our community, as well as having time to focus on their own practice. There are three main conditions for the residency:
- create a new body of work (e.g. a major performance/series of performances, new creative work, or research presentation);
- engage and contribute to the residential college community (e.g. hold workshops, give presentations, provide coaching);
- curate an outreach program which connects the College with the wide community (e.g. perform at local hospitals or for local not-for-profits; invite non-College members to the College to work with you or witness your work).
We provide accommodation, meals and the chance to be part of our vibrant community of university students. There is no additional stipend for other living costs and parking is not available on site. We are unfortunately unable to accommodate any dependents or couples.
Applications are open to creatives from all genres, including but not limited to: visual arts, creative writing, music, theatre, dance. Artists may also be multi- or cross-disciplinary. Applicants may have a previous association with College or be new to the residential College environment.
All applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by a 3 member panel. This panel may include an external member. The Artist in Residence is generally appointed for a single term of 10 months.
The closing date for 2021 is 5pm 1 March 2021.
Please submit your application online: Artist in Residence 2021 application.
You will need to upload a CV and a cover letter, outlining your proposed program for meeting the three conditions of residency listed above.
Enquiries can be submitted to our Education & Student Life department: email@example.com