St Andrew’s College continues to follow the daily developments of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak that was first reported in China’s Wuhan province. As a residential community with over 300 members, our first priority is always the health and safety of our students and staff.
Below is the advice provided to our current students regarding steps to take if they’re feeling unwell.
Students – COVID 19 (PDF)
It is clear that we are now seeing local spread. There have been 3 school closures in Sydney. We want to ensure that we have as few cases in College as possible and that we slow down spread as much as possible.
Students are reminded of the importance of the following information:
- Be aware of the potential seriousness of the infection
- Follow any directives from College regarding management of the infection
- Wash hands after using the toilet
- Carry and use hand sanitiser, before eating, on entering the main thoroughfares of College including the Dining Hall
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes
- Use good cough/sneeze etiquette – cover your cough or sneeze and wash your hands/use hand sanitizer afterwards
- Avoid contact with people who are coughing, sneezing etc
- Consider wearing a mask when in public spaces and keep 3 metres space between you and other
- Consider your need to attend events with close/casual contact of other people
When to isolate:
If you have the following;
- Travel through or in China, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Italy, Korea, Cambodia or Iran in the last 14 days, or:
- Close or casual contact with someone who has symptoms who has travelled through or in China, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Italy, Korea, Cambodia or Iran in the last 14 days
- Fever, cough, acute respiratory infection (e.g. shortness of breath or cough).
Anyone affected should self-isolate and contact College, following the guidelines they have received. We want to ensure that each student is okay and we can limit the virus spreading in College.
This approach is likely to change as the virus continues to spread. Future College updates will be made available as necessary.